Sunday, June 23, 2013

Let's make a mixtape for Will Graham

 photo IMG_1810_zps02109414.jpg
you'll need:

one photo of Will Graham, printed off the internet (or from your personal collection)
a thick piece of paper (I used scrapbook paper)
a piece of vellum paper
Mod Podge
paint, color of your choice
glue stick
paintbrush
scissors
pencil
red thread + needle
 photo IMG_1794_zpsdf1e105d.jpg

Start by carefully trimming around Will until he's all alone. :( Then place him in the center of your paper and trace out a 5x5" square around him. Give Will a lil' kiss on the forehead, whisper that everything will be okay, and then paste him down with the glue stick. No need to be excessive here, this is just to keep him in place for the Mod Podge.

 photo IMG_1795_zps6b640977.jpg

Add your title (bad handwriting is optional). Get creative with some paint if you want. When the paint dries, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over the entire square.

 photo IMG_1797_zps6fa90b2f.jpg

Once the Mod Podge is dry, cut out the square and use it to trace & cut out an identical square of vellum paper. Get out your needle and thread. Sandwich your papers together and start stitching, starting from a top corner and threading to the opposite side and then back again.

 photo IMG_1808_zps728734f8.jpg

Don't worry about it looking nice, in fact, the more haphazard, the better. Just stop every now and then to make sure your cd will still fit inside, and that it won't slip out of any of the sides (except for the top, of course).

 photo IMG_1818_zpsf8fc6800.jpg

Now you have a home for your Will Graham mixtape, which if you haven't already made, you should do so now. Or you can peruse the 90+ Will Graham themed mixes on 8tracks, which includes my own:


{bad dreams} 

1. Demons - Chelsea Wolfe
2. Prospectors Arrive - Jonny Greenwood
3. Well of Misery - Nick Cave
4. Friend - Susanna and the Magical Orchestra
5. To the Forests, Toward the Sea - Chelsea Wolfe
6. The Heart Harmonicon - Colleen
7. This Much I Know - Lissie
8. Wake - The Antlers

7 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a wonderful idea! now that I am free from the stresses of exams I will be able to make many, many mixtapes!

    xx Carina
    P.S Expect a letter to be coming your way soon! I am terribly behind on all letters, but I hope you will enjoy it when you eventually receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi darl, you have an amazing blog,, did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back! xoxo

    PS. don't forget to claim your blog on BLOGLOVIN so it has a "FOLLOW" button,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS. I really, really love it and plan to make one soon. Have you ever watched The Fall? It's a great show, but, more importantly, the actor that plays Will Graham is in it and plays a deceptively normal guy/serial killer! It's a beautifully done show! And is on Netflix if you have it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, The Hiding Spot, to comment on my Top 10 Movie adaptations post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fall is a wonderful show but the guy in it is not Hugh Dancy it is Jamie Dornan more famous now for being Mr Grey.

      Delete
  4. I just wanted to extend to you that I have a deep and sincere appreciation for your choices in regards to this compilation. Recently, I've become, well, rather obsessed with "Hannibal" and stumbled upon the equally fanatical virtual practice of collating Will Graham mixtapes. After tirelessly listening to a slew of fan-tapes and much dissection and contemplation over each mix, I must say, yours is just pristine. Much respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is basically the best comment ever!! I went through a stage of listening to Will Graham mix after Will Graham mix, so I know there are some good ones out there, and it makes me so happy to hear you consider mine one of them! I have a particular affinity for it as well, so it makes me sad that it's my least popular mix on 8tracks...but this comment makes up for all of that, knowing at least one other person loves it as much as I do!!

      Have a great time watching the premiere next Friday ~

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, I must also thank you for turning me onto Chelsea Wolfe. Heavenly.

      P.s. I will.

      Delete