Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Little Things, III

How I've been spending my week...

drinking chocolate chili chai tea

 photo IMG_1602_zps3c7535e0.jpg


One of my pen pals sent me a sampler of chocolate chili chai from David's Tea because she's amazing. I love chai tea, but I prefer getting it from a cafe in latte form, because I love the creaminess of it that way. If I make it at home, it usually just turns out disappointing (unless I make it from scratch). However, this chai was really quite delicious! And such a funny coincidence, because I recently got a big order from David's...

going a bit mad on the David's Tea website

 photo IMG_1492_zps13a6e7d0.jpg
 photo IMG_1493_zps88f302ca.jpg  photo IMG_1494_zps187e3763.jpg

Ah, now I'm set for months! I got eight different kinds of tea, including 'Movie Night' (green tea with maple and apples), 'Love Tea #7' (black tea, dark chocolate, strawberries, rose), and 'Amaretto' (lapacho, almond, apricot, orange, rose), among others. I wish I could try every kind they offer, because they all sounds so delicious!

getting a job!

 photo IMG_1486_zps8948b8c6.jpg
I've been looking for a while, hoping to find something that allowed me to use my writing skills and maybe even be a bit creative, and I finally found something! It's for a local clothing shop, writing for their fashion blog and filling online orders and such (the photo above is from my cubicle...glam-O-russ, ain't it?). It's very very nice to see money going into my bank account, and not just out!

reading The Diviners by Libba Bray

 photo IMG_1604_zps87cd59a3.jpg

I read the Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray a few years ago, and liked it a lot, but I kind of forgot about her so I didn't realize she had released this book months ago, otherwise I would have read it right away. I mean, it almost couldn't be more within my interests unless I had written it myself: set in 1920's New York, characters with supernatural abilities, an adventurous heroine, numerous mentions of Rudy Valentino... I'm trying not to read it too fast, because I don't want it to end! At least it's book one of a trilogy, so I have something to look forward to. I think I'll do a proper book review once I've finished it!

having too many feelings about fictional characters

 photo justified-staff-x-large_zpsf28644bc.jpg

Which isn't anything new, really. One problem I have as a writer (and perpetual dreamer) is that I'm always obsessed with someone who doesn't exist, either of my own creation or not. A lot of people might think this isn't a healthy thing, but I say pfffft to them. I'm currently obsessed with Boyd Crowder from the television show Justified. I just love everything about him; the way he dresses (pocket watches and waistcoats!), talks (never has a Southern accent sounded so lovely to my ears), and even the way he walks...gah, just everything. He's perfect.

What have you been up to?

4 comments:

  1. Raaaaacheeeeel! Hi dear! I've been busy at work and school so i haven't see your post... Is always nice to see your coments in my blog :)
    And thanks for nominate me! I dont know how it works to be honest, but i thank you so much!


    Oh and i have send you a little parcel a few days ago, i really hope that you received soon!!!



    Many kisses and hugs Linda!! Maybe you can explain to me that nominated thing for understand better :)



    xoxox


    Andy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I am so jealous of your tea stash, all of those flavours sound so delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! It sounds like a fun position, and a great way to keep up with the trends. Just don't spend all your paychecks there haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the job! :) love the huge amount of tea you have!! http://iamcollecting.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete